Spirit Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Beginning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Talis/Quinn
Admin

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Fatigue, the sensation rolled through Talis’ being in waves. As the chaffing from the metallic straps sparked up, another dosage of nausea passed through the links in sequence, before depositing into his body. Do to this Talis couldn’t understand much of what was occurring, only that they finally managed to track him down and capture him before he could even ascend the makeshift stage for the performance.

Conjuring up and utilizing the little energy he sustained, Talis lifted his head enough to see the polished metallic benches that lined the walls. Around him, various faces of individuals could barely be comprised or registered by his retinas. Everyone appeared to be in similar states of disarray, but this was no more than an assumption made by someone of a similar condition. Beyond those suffering to the same extent as Talis’, no other beings were located in my hazed vision.

A low whistle escaped his lips and dispersed across the room in waves audible only to those in a three foot proximity. Ricocheting and reverberating throughout the space of the room, a few facts became known.The confinement cell housing Talis and the other prisoners was a perfectly rectangular box, probably made up of a steel alloy. Not a single window was present, and the only indicator of an exit were two doors against opposite walls. Two officers guarding the door to his nine o’clock, while one slouched against the side of the door at his three.

Each guard was fully equipped with a sub atomic gun and kept it at the ready. Various tools were strapped to their belts but no more description could be seen by the waves Talis generated.This was all he was capable of doing, as he slouched back against the wall, nearly depleted of any energy. “You should have reserved that energy, it will be required if we’re to survive.” The woman’s voice graced his mind.

“Rydia, think outside the box. Knowledge is the key to surviving any situation. Plus, if any of the other prisoners were paying attention then it would be drawn to us.”
A chuckle followed his retort before the presence calmed back to her normal state. Talis' eyes scanned the area for any reactions from his fellow prisoners.

Last edited by Talis/Quinn on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://spirithaven.board-directory.net
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Fury   The Beginning EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Reve awoke groggily and felt the cool metal biting into his wrists and looked down to find another set shackling his legs. He cursed silently as he noticed the encrypted locks, they would only deactivate to the proper "key."

He grit his teeth and flexed his honed muscles trying to restore circulation to his body. This lethargy he felt... must have been drugged.

He heard a faint whistling to his right and noticed the young man's look of consternation as he assessed his situation.

If he is a spirit user too Fade, its most likely everyone here is.

This is part of an assimilation raid, they are most likely taking us to the capital to have us harvested.

Reve clenched hisfists and moved to stand but Fade crouched over his body protectively.

Not yet pup, wait, observe, and then pounce when the situation is in our favor.

Reve settled back and tried to relax, as he looked around.

There were a mixture of females and males, and quite a haul too, damn, they had really hit the jackpot.

His eyes turned to the soldiers and noted each carried an assault rifle, along with a pair of handguns and various knives. As well as-
-A key on the tallest soldier.

These guards weren't outfitted with anything that dangerous, the chances of escape were high, however, that didn't mean those in the other carts were as austere.
I'll need a distraction so I can pocket the guard's keys.

Fade turned to the other prisoners.
Use the women folk.
I scooted over subtly and said in a low whisper, "How do you all feel about getting out of here?"

"Most of them would end up as collateral damage if they couldn't fight but, at least some of us will survive
."

Fade nodded toward me and licked a claw, "It can't be helped.
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Leah stirred slowly after hearing a faint whistle reverberate in her ears. Blurry vision focused in on her bare legs, and the sensation of cold metal around her wrists became clear. Memories flooded back of going to meet a new client and being ambushed, and she cursed silently.

Now, now. Such foul language. Amira teased, her paw lightly cuffing Leah's ear. You only have yourself to blame. And you got poor Sam captured as well.

Leah's eyes widened and she looked around, immediately spotting Sam sitting to her left. He was shackled as well, looking just as groggy as she felt.

Dammit, well we're fucked. Leah sighed internally. She wasn't given much time pity herself and the situation, as the man next to her shifted slightly closer and ask if they wanted to get out.

"I dunno," Leah whispered back, her bitter voice dripping with sarcasm. "I'm rather cozy in my chains."

She felt Amira cuff her ear again, harder this time, and she flinched.
Back to top Go down
http://twosidedsol.tumblr.com
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Escape   The Beginning EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Sovereign heard the exchange between the two beside me after registering that I was nearly completely bound.
Ether, there is someone as sassy as you. he chuckled.
I'm not sassy, I'm flippant, get it straight Sov.
It would be easy to use distortion to slip free of these chains as originally planned when Sovereign let himself be kidnapped, but that man seemed to have a plan.
Examining the guards revealed nothing of interest.
Damn, their tech sucks, hopefully there are better spoils further in.
Yeah, I crap better innovations than these guys.
It would be better to conceal my power then, the less info the enemy had on me the better my chances.
Ether, fly above and tell me what it looks like outside the train.
Hey I give the orders around here slave.
Ether zipped upwards and phased through the train wall.
Sensory imaging came to his thoughts through the spiritual connection.
He saw a vast mountain range with snowy peaks, but around us was completely vibrant with lush rampant growth. Even at this altitude nature wasn't deterred. The empire had gone to great lengths to restore the natural world around it, and with advances in technology the people weren't forced to live off the land as much.
Some speculated the empire did this to facilitate the birth of spirits, as when paired with a human were able to generate enormous amounts of bio-electric energy.
Some also believed that enormous amounts of radiation poisoning throughout the years that had just begun to die down were also the cause. No one knew just exactly what lurked within these primeval kingdoms.
Good, if we make our escape here there will be plenty of resources usable before HQ picks up our signal and rendezvous with us.
Alright, so when do I get to kick some ass?
I grinned up at Ether.
Oh B.T.W. Sov, I call dibs on the hot Lynx and Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Chouchou

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:37 pm

The boy with continents mapped on his face and constellations scattered across the bridge of his nose, shining dark against the two different pigments of skin, had been awake for the longest amount of time. While still under the effects of the drugs, making his limbs feel heavy, his big eyes were even wider and staring at everyone in the train car. He never liked sleep, and being under a forced spell made him uncomfortable and agitated. This whole situation made him more nervous than usual. At least when he usually wakes up, there is a routine to follow to begin his day. But there was no routine now, no sense of familiarity. It threw him off and caused him to feel sick to his stomach and tense.

Plus, men with guns were never a welcoming sight to wake up for anyone to see. Especially for a twelve year old boy.

He stared at everyone. Wide eyes unblinking, until the air dried them out, he stared at them: The guards and the prisoners like he. All did not escape his gaze. Only when someone would notice or he noticed every detail of them would he move onto the next person.  Or if they made eye contact, he would look down at another part of their body, avoiding direct eye contact. The guards were unsettled by it, visible by their shifting, but they did not think much of it.

When the high pitched noise rang out he squirmed a little, sensitive to noises more so than others. A voice cooed in his head.

It was one of them. They’re trying to help. Her voice was gentle.

I don’t like it, Nexus thought back bluntly, upset he could not at least rub his ears with how his shackles held him down. The small rabbit spirit next to him nuzzled closer to his thigh. Nexus found himself staring at the man with the panther spirit, back to unblinking while letting the ringing in his ear disappear.

~*~

A low moan escaped his lips as he awoke slowly. Fuck, I know I had a glass of wine before meeting with Leah and that client but fuck, he thought bitterly. He has had hangovers with vomit and it was never as terrible as this. His vision slowly focused.

Oh. Not a hangover.

His eyes widened but then drooped once more. He propped up his head and pulled his hands up. They were met with resistance, and he was unsurprised. So this is prisoner life. How lovely. His head lolled over to a guard and he smiled, dopey yet condescending.

“Y’know, shackles were so last year.  I would love to be up to date on the latest trend, which is shackle free.” His voice was slightly slurred, and he was speaking louder than normal, voice hoarse from the lack of water and the uptake of drugs.

He was met with a snort of disbelief and an eye roll from the guard.

I told you some humor would do you some good, his spirit said to him privately. You’ve been too uptight.

I just upped my sarcasm.

It works.

To his right he heard the angry hissing from his business partner (friend) and he immediately looked over to her. His head spun from the sudden movement but he tried to push past the vertigo to look her over. “Leah! You okay?” His voice was laced with worry and concern, as he squinted to try to see her and her wounds.

Cute, you care,” the raven chimed, loud enough for those around them to hear. Sam scoffed.

“No, I just don’t like to give my clients damaged people,” Sam lied through his teeth, knowing Leah had caught on to these blatant lies (though sounded true to those who did not know of him or their relationship). At least, he hoped she knew.
Back to top Go down
kingjtothe3rd

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:49 pm

A soft grunt escape Kuan Varys' chest. He lowered a section of sheet metal down as carefully, and quietly as possible. He methodically paced around the broken wall, plodding straight towards the fence ahead. He lifted his blow torch and got back to work, carving a hole easily large enough for 3 times the already large man. Kuan lowered the chain link sections much easier than before. taking even less time to reach his next objective. The third and final barrier was gone with 6 quick clips of rubber handled wire cutters, the electric fences circuit broken and out of the way. Only the Rhino remained ahead.
   It was the last of its kind. But Kuan didn't care much. At constant threat from poachers, and Kuan hadn't even considered the matter. Constantly guarded by a few dedicated mercenaries, Kuan had broken their necks before entering. Kuan was unnerving in his focus.
  As a kid he had seen a picture that many had. A holoshot of the last beast of its kind. He remembered the background more than the Rhino though. The suffocating fencing around mostly barren ground. This goal may have been conceived at that very moment, but no one could tell you for sure. All that mattered is that Kuan decided it would be free, and was now the first newcomer it had seen in its long life.
  The locks inside were more complicated then most could crack and the guards more aware than most could circumvent. Luckily Kuan Varys didn't think to attempt either. He killed the guards after enterign the front door and started breaking the walls on the outside shortly after. It just seemed like the easiest way. Once Kuan cleared the path the Rhino simply followed him to leave. And afterwards it never left him. Without ceremony it chose to follow his path.
 The last Rhino of its kind had found its freedom with Kuan Varys, the man who wanted nothing more or less for it. It was a bitter fortune for the Rhino to now be trapped with him.
 These thoughts sobered Kuan from his drug induced state, and his muscles tightened at the reminder of his situation. Steal encased Kuans ankle wrists and neck within a train. His Rhino mourned to return to the open air outside, while Kuan wistfully daydreamt of the beautiful land he had been torn from. Kuan Varys reminisced until it was time to escape.
Back to top Go down
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Escape Plan   The Beginning EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

"The plan is simple, I need you to lure the guards over and distract them so I can get a hold of the encryption key, once I've untied us I'll subdue the guards and we'll secure their weapons. There should be some kind of schematics map to discern the layout of the train, once we've secured that we can make our escape plan, and before you argue, if we get to the capital we're dead anyways."
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Leah looked toward Sam and rolled her eyes, but a smile played at her lips. She knew he cared, as did she, and she was glad that he felt well enough to continue the charade of seeing her as a product to hide his feelings. The attention quickly turned back to the man spouting nonsense next to her.

"You think you can do that all on your own?" Leah scoffed, crossing her slender ankles and turning up her nose at Reve. "I'd rather die quietly, thanks."

Well it won't hurt to try. Amira growled at her. You're going to die either way, may as well try to make a break for it. Or would you rather die a coward? The lynx flicked her paw in Reve's direction. At least the boy has some fight in him.

Leah's pride took a blow, and she sighed deeply. "Fine, I'll see what I can do." she answered both her Lynx and Reve in the same sentence. She looked at Sam briefly and glared at him, willing him to understand that he better not die when chaos ensues.

"Mr.Guards?" Leah turned her body toward the two men near the door, using an enticing voice. Her scant clothing already had the guards eyeing her up and down as she shifted her arms to accentuated the generous cleavage spilling from her shirt. She lifted her wrists up until the shackles pulled at them, holding her hands out in front of her. "You know, these are really tight... and it's just, well..." Leah's tone shifted to a more seductive, alluring inflection.  "I'd be willing to do anything to get out of them." While one of the men smiled, his intentions written across his face, and started to move toward the shackled woman, the other put a hand on his shoulder and held him back.

"Do you think we're that dumb?" the second guard asked, although he still raked his eyes hungrily over her body. Ignoring the urge to vomit, Leah feigned a hurt look, pouting her perfectly glossed lips and batting her eyes at him.

"No, sir... I just wanna have one last go before I die, you know? And I'm sure three of you could give a desperate girl her last wish?." she looked over her shoulder at the third guard standing at the opposite door of the train car. "Like I said, I'd be willing to do anything to get out of these." Her shackles rattled again as she pulled at them pathetically. After a few seconds of contemplation and quiet agreement, the three men seemed to come to conclusion that fucking the prostitute they'd kidnapped would serve their time better than standing around watching a bunch of drugged spirit users. The two guards she'd been facing walked toward her, the tallest taking out his key while the other kept a hand on his gun in case Leah should try anything. The third guard moved from his post at the opposite door eagerly, barely able to contain the disgustingly overzealous joy on his face.

Last edited by WolfyKo on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Selena blinked her eyes groggily, nausea overwhelming her. She looked around with drowsy eyes, confused and trying to recall what had happened. A whistle sounded in her ears and helped clear her mind. She looked toward the man who had made the sound as her head cleared. The thirteen year old became aware of everything around her very suddenly and became panicked. Her immediate response was dash away and hide, but after a quick jerk of her arms she realized she was shackled. One of the guards eyed her sternly, shifting his gun as he noticed the girl's sudden movement. Selena quickly leaned back in her uncomfortable seat, not wanting to draw any attention at all to herself. Her consciousness reached out to Ammy, the small, pink armadillo in her lap, and she relayed her panic.

It's alright, nobody is hurting you. And the man there sounds like he has a plan. Ammy tried to soothe Selena, but he could barely hide his own discomfort. Everyone here is a spirit user. We'll be okay, I think.

Selena tried to take comfort in her spirit animal's words, but it didn't help much. To distract herself she tried to memorize the faces of each person around her while half listening to the quiet man and shapely woman to her left. Her gaze landed on the boy who looked to be around her age. She set to memorizing all of the spots and marks across his face, finding some comfort in the irregular pattern as she traced over it again and again with her eyes.

A guard passed in front of her, breaking her trance, and she watched him walk toward the pretty woman who was talking before. All three of the guards converged on her, each man with a look on their face that made Selena's stomach churn.

Last edited by WolfyKo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Assault   The Beginning EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:34 pm

As the guards came closer, I formulated an attack pattern when the man beside me leaned in close and whispered,

"I'll take the third, you get the one with the gun."

As the lascivious guard reached out to touch the woman I pivoted and wrapped my chains around his arm.
With a surge I catapulted him into the guard with the gun and kicked out with my feet to bring them both to the floor.

The prisoner that had whispered from me seemed to blur out of his chain and he somersaulted over the third and dropped him without a hitch. Before the guard could shoot I crushed my boot against his temple and then stomped on his friend's face.
I bent and retrieved his key before tossing it to the lynx master.

"Good work."
Back to top Go down
kingjtothe3rd

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Kuans eyes snapped open. The setting sun and open plains vanished from the vision of his memories. The train erupted with the sound of skirmishing. He saw a guard falling to the ground as another prisoner wrestled the keys from his grasp. This man was his chance to escape. Here was how Kuan Varys' newest adventure would begin.

Last edited by kingjtothe3rd on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:52 am

Leah happily freed herself from her shackles, standing up and stretching before freeing her employer as well. "So what's next, hero?" she asked, walking over to the two children on the train and releasing them from their chains  as well. The small, pink haired girl immediately latched on to Leah's skirt, bunching the fabric in her fist and refusing to let go despite Leah's attempts to not-so-gently pry her hand off. After a few moments she gave up and let the girl continue to trail next to her as she went down the line of spirit users and removed their shackles.
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Selena stayed next to the woman unlocking everyone's shackles, eyeing the two men that had taken out the guards warily. Ammy scuttled nervously around her feet, trying to stay out of view from the Lynx staring at him.

"How'd you do that?" Selena asked the man who had phased through his restraints, pointing to the still locked shackles.
Back to top Go down
Talis/Quinn
Admin

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:42 pm

The metal restrains clattered against the floor, and the cold feeling around his wrists vanished. Eyes peeling opened, Talis was greeted with the image of a short blonde haired woman, a small card grasped between her fingers. Gyrating his head counterclockwise, the muscles begun to loosen and miniscule cracks could be heard.

“I appreciated the release,” Getting on his feet, Talis took a deep breath, energy now pulsating through his being. Looking at his hands, he flexed them as though playing a piano. “It is a pleasure to meet you,” extending his hand towards her, “I’m Talis.”

Waiting for her hand, he scanned the cabin and noticed most people looked to be in decent condition, guards excluded.

This is quite the motley group, don't you think? Now I’m more wondering how many of us will manage to get away from our kidnappers with our lives still intack.

Just worry about yourself for the time being and we will see who is reliable. More importantly, think about your life over being in the limelight….

“I can perform recon for us, I just require someone to open up the door to the next compartment.” I let a whistle escape my lips and felt the waves reverberate throughout the train cart.
Back to top Go down
kingjtothe3rd

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 1:05 am

One by one Kuan watched until it seemed the rest were free. He looked from the busty blonde who freed him over to the blue haired boy who was just unchained. He shook the unlocked cuff from his left wrist and watched it slide off of his right. It clanked to the floor as he began walking to the door at the end of the train car hall. Kuan opened it to a space full of armored soldiers who all immediately snapped to attention. Their guns were pointed at him and he ripped the metal door from its hinges. Kuan Varys planted it between him and crouched behind the fire, an immovable object against those who captured him "ARE YOU READY TO LEAVE THIS CAGE?!?" he shouted to his now companions. "FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT!!!!!"  
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 am

Selena let out a terrified squeal as gunfire invaded the train car. She dropped to the floor in a tiny ball, her skin hardening to a near impenetrable toughness, and she followed her spirit's instruction to crawl behind the metal door that had just been ripped from it's hinges. There she curled into the fetal position once again and cowered next to the leg of the man who had started yet another fight.

~*~

Leah's eyes widened as she watched the giant she had just freed rip the train door off it's hinges and shout his call to arms. Unfortunately for him, she did not feel up to answering that call. She crouched down and slunk her way to behind the door as well, placing her body over the now ball shaped girl. "What in the ever loving FUCK are you doing?!" she snapped, flinching as bullets ricocheted off the metal.

Well it seems that he wants to fight. Just like the other boy. They both certainly have more courage than you. Amira scoffed, pacing back and forth in front of the barrier to allow Leah sight of the gunmen.
Back to top Go down
Chouchou

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am

Sam was fighting off the last remaining bits of the drug’s effects on his body when the shackles were taken off of his body. “I’m glad your charm is useful in any handy situation. Including life or death,” Sam said to Leah as he stood up slowly, rubbing his wrists with his hands to relieve any pain and to bring some feeling back to them. His head spinning, he felt the room shift back into place after blinking a few times. He scanned Leah up and down. “You okay? It seems like you got a new…friend--Or growth—Clinging to your hip.”

Before he could get an answer a large war cry was made and Sam heard bullets get shot—and in his direction. They whizzed by his ears and felt one graze his shoulder, ripping his shirt. He dropped instinctively, crawling next to Leah.
“Are you out of your god damned mind, you stupid oaf?!” he screamed, covering his ears and shooting daggers from his eyes. They were dead, they were all dead! And everything was just going marvelously. Sam was a brains over brawn tactician, and he was impressed their first plan worked. Now they are at the whim of a brainless dimwit who couldn’t wait to think of a plan.

‘How could a lovable group of misfits go without the stupid, lovable, justice-bound giant trope?’ his spirit laughed to Sam alone, though held a serious weight and concern in his voice.

“Shut up you stupid bird, I’m about to die!! We’re all about to die!” he exclaimed loudly. “Help me get out of here!”
The spirit complied and began to fly around, finding the best escape route. At first glance, there seemed to be none. They would have to fight to get out. Guards were coming from the other side of the train and jumping out of the train without slowing it down would be suicide; Unless the two were to merge. Then Sam could fly out of there, but only with the strength to carry Leah. But it was a glimmering hope left for survival, unless these people could fight their way out of there.

~*~

Nexus tuned the girl out who was staring at his skin, making eye contact once with her and immediately looking away. He was used to it. He was also used to tracing his skin as well. It was the only thing that could be out of order that he was not bothered by. It was him.

When the chains were released he did not say anything, but simply rubbed his wrists. He looked up at the blonde who freed him and stared at her till he finally deemed a nod in her direction. He walked a few paces forward, rubbing his wrists still. He was glad there was nothing chaining him down anymore. The sensation made him uncomfortable and tense.

Blinking slowly, he looked to where he had stared numerous of times within the past hour—the emergency stop lever. Stepping over the dead guards gingerly, he walked towards the lever, silent like a ghost, looking as though he were floating in his steps.

He was only a few feet away when the man who towered above them all stepped in front of him by a few feet to rip the door off its hinges, and a series of events unfolded before his eyes.  Gun shots pierced the air and Nexus grabbed his ears in pain, freezing in his spot, eyes wide. His senses went into overload. His spirit spoke to him urgently.
Nexus you need to move!! She cried out to him, knowing the danger he was in. If you don’t move you’ll die Nexus, please move!

Amazingly, Nexus managed to move. And he did so with incredible speed—so fast he was barely visible. He panicked and ran to the other side of the train, in the corner, hunched down low, ears covered. The rabbit listened for him, and could hear the sounds of feet coming down from that side of the train.

~*~

“Holy shit that kid is fast!” Sam said. That was their chance—He knew the boy’s original objective now. If they stopped the train a various different amounts of possibilities could happen—and most in their favor. And the boy was fast enough to do it. But seeing his reaction to the gun fire, there was no way they could get him close to the guards. But he would be fast enough to avoid any gun fire coming his way, or fast enough to not be noticed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Talis/Quinn
Admin

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Engage the enemy   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Sovereign

I watched as the giant of a man ripped the door off its hinges with supernatural strength and used it as a makeshift shield.
I didn't question the blessing of a juggernaut on our side as I descended on the unconscious soldiers and searched for weaponry.
Guns were no good for me, my spirit power always caused them to go awry but I did manage to scavenge six knives.
These would have to do.
I darted behind the giant and called out, "Hold your position!"
I attempted to aim the knives but a hail storm of bullets nearly clipped my ear and I growled in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Talis/Quinn
Admin

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Talis

Talis’ senses were kicked into overdrive as all the bodies reacted to the muscle head’s sudden eagerness to rush into danger without taking proper precaution. Feeling slightly dejected after his savior not acknowledging him, Talis ran to where the small boy was taking cover, making sure to stay directly behind the muscle shield. Before him, he could see another man standing back to back with the armor skinned tank, frustration clearly displayed across his face. Taking a deep breath, he concentrated and let his performer instincts take hold. Soon the frightened feeling within him dissolved and a miniscule amount of confidence formed. Firing the highest pitch whistle he could muster, his eyes instinctively closed and let the wave contort around the other prisoners, through the entryway and onwards.

Nine. That’s the amount of assailants he formulated in his mental image, with a small amount of error to be expected. Two of them were close to the doorway, approximately five feet, with nothing standing in their way. Three of the guards were firing from behind crates on the left and likewise on the right. At the furthest and most unclear point, a hazy figure laid against the steel flooring. Looking back at the white haired man, Talis realized he only had five or six combat knives at the ready.

“Better make them count,” he mumbled. “Um.. , knife..guy? Stand up back to back and try to aim to the angles I specify!”

“Your eight o'clock, negative fifteen degrees above the brute’s shoulder. Now eight and a half at ten degrees. Seven fifteen at the horizontal. Four thirty, negative five degrees. Five thirty at eight degrees. And six o’clock at negative four degrees. These are as accurate reads that I can get right now.” Talis fell to his knee, hoping to avoid contact with any stray bullets and because that consumed more energy than he expected.
Back to top Go down
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Lethal   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Sovereign

Echolocation? That was a powerful spirit ability.
Sovereign decided to trust the man, so he took in a breath and tried to shut out the noise.
He pivoted on his foot and threw from the waist in the direction specified and heard a satisfying grunt as the soldier collapsed to the floor.
Without hesitation Sovereign threw the second dagger at the soldier's parallel counterpart.
Two for two. As expected.
Sovereign ducked behind the giant and grinned, "Good job big buy, keep it up."
Sovereign drew two more daggers and performed an aerial to the right, throwing both daggers as he dodged gunfire and hit a guard on the right but missed the guard on the left as a bullet deflected the knife.
"Damn it,"
Two knives left...
No point throwing anymore, they'd be more aware of my attacks now, it would be better to save the knifes for closer quarters where I could guarantee a strike.
"Big guy, I need you to advance on them, I got you covered."
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 pm

In a momentary lapse in gunfire, Leah sprung out from behind the safety of the barrier and pounced on one of the unconscious guards. She snatched one of the guns from his hand and pulled another smaller one from his belt. Quickly, she tossed the smaller handgun to Sam as she ran back to safety. Leah didn't actually expect her employer to use the gun at his disposal, but it made her feel more comfortable that he had some sort of protection.

She watched with widened eyes as the man with the hummingbird threw knives with deadly precision at the instruction of the whistler. "Wow.' she muttered under her breath.

Quite the team Amira purred, still stalking around in front of the train car's opening. Leah, use your weapon and help the boy. The lynx commanded. Without waiting for an answer the big cat jumped into the next car through the doorway, sinking claws and teeth into the leg of the nearest guard. Being a spirit, the action did not have the bloody effect Amira wanted, but it caused enough of a painful sensation in the man's leg that he paused and felt his knee buckle.

Sensing the opportunity, Leah popped out from behind the metal door and aimed. Her finger pulled back the trigger and half a second later the man Amira had latched onto was on the floor with blood flowering across his stomach. While she had actually been aiming for his head, Leah couldn't complain about the result.

Good! Amira praised her wielder while the woman ducked down behind the door again.
Back to top Go down
kingjtothe3rd

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:31 pm

The rest had done their jobs.

Kuan couldnt help but notice the sense of reluctance the others felt as they grouped up behind him, but luckily it hadn't seemed to impede their skills. After only a brief instance of shock he could easily see that some of their combat ability rivaled his own. A scarier thought was that the situation had impeded them, but he wasnt about to dwell on that now. Temporary or not they were on his side and for once fortune had favored him well.

But rivaled or not Kuan Varys was prepared to finish what he started. And with most of the train car clear his opportunity couldn't be better. 3 behind the crates and a semmingly unique form remained straight ahead.

The shadow of the last Rhino loomed above Kuan Varys' head. It grew sharper and clearer as he bent his knees and tensed his legs. As he lowered his perpetually spiked head, him and his spirit became all but indistinguishable. Kuan roared for the second time that day, but measures louder and more animalistic than his call to arms. He broke into a berserkers charge, an unstoppable force as bullets ricocheted from the makeshift shield, the enemy confident behind the cover they'd chosen. Seconds before reaching his target Kuan hurled the door with all his might, sending it tumbling through the air towards the shadowed figure at the car's end. It was only halfway to its target though as the room's crates shattered beneath his own momentum. A crouching gunman was bowled over by a knee to the face and subsequently crushed beneath the foot that followed. Without slowing the charge his partner was scooped up onto Kuans opposing shoulder and they moved towards one who fled. The man hadnt left the trajectory of the charge though and Kuan's lowered head quickly battered his spine. The rigid hornlike structures of his hair punctured the muscle and the three continued forward. Kuan Varys, his carried foe, and the corpse now on top of them, moved several meters before finally smashing into the traincars thick sidewall.

The heavy door hit the figure soon after.

Last edited by kingjtothe3rd on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Coldness, that’s all Thea felt pressed against her bare skin. Shadows were casted around, as her assailants discussed and planned their next course of actions. Eyes clenched shut, the lights shifting through her eyelids was the only indicator they were still around. By now she was sure that most of the scraps shielding her flesh from sight were shredded off her. Occasionally she would will the molecules in her eyelids and ears to soften, so she could catch a glimpse of what was becoming of her.

It was during one of these break sessions that she heard it: gunfire. Slowly the cold numb sensation, that had been shielding her from the onslaught, dissolved. Rising into a sitting position, a cold breeze grazed her bare chest. Thea raised her hands in a protective manner and looked up to find the guards attention was elsewhere. Weapons pointed towards the opposing end of the room, they were in combat and clearly losing. One by one knives and bullets took out the guards, and soon a raging man charged into the remaining gunfire. Metal door in hand he hurled it in Thea’s direction before slamming into the wall, taking another guard with him. Instantly she raised her defense again as the heavy door collided with her figure, pinning her against the end of the room.
Back to top Go down
WolfyKo

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Selena waited for the gunfire and commotion to stop before uncurling from her little ball. The skin of her back and her hair relaxed, returning to their normal density and she tentatively stretched to release the final tension that remained in her shoulders. She cautiously poked her head into he next train car, looking around and making sure there were no more men with guns pointed at her. She started to feel sick to her stomach at the sight, bodies strewn across the floor and blood splatter leaving crimson stains cross the cool, grey metal. Hurriedly, she moved across the train car to the other side, eager to move the rest of the way through and to find a way off the train. She peeked behind the door that had been thrown, checking to see if the door to the next car was still intact. Instead Selena found another spirit user, her clothes torn and tattered. Backpedaling, she called out for the others.
"Um, guys?" she ran up to Leah and latched onto her leg again. "There's a girl behind the door. A spirit user."

"I think she's alive..." Ammy said aloud, snuffling around the legs of the girl behind the door.
Back to top Go down
Rave Greyson

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Take the lead   The Beginning EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Reve stood beside the behemoth of a man and introduced himself calmly,
"You are the most capable here so I leave them to you, I will scout out the next car ahead and try to find something to help us identify the layout of the train, my name is Reve, i'll be back soon."

Fade come to me. Reve let loose the beast within and Fade stretched his paws with great aplomb.

You rang?

Yes, you are needed.

Fade eyed Reve with his usual predatory gleam.

Its about damn time, who are we killing?

Reve shook his head, Recon only.

Fade growled irately and Reve clutched his chest in pain.

I am hungry.

Reve held his ground, This is not the time.

It is always the time.

Fade sank his fangs into Reve's shoulder and their essence blurred as the world lost a little of its hold on Reve and he vanished.

Reve pried open the door just enough and managed to slip through without notice from the others as they attempted to extricate the woman.

Reve would leave it to the big guy to get her out and he focused on what he alone could do.

This car was more spacious than the last, and luck was on their side as Reve noticed an office.
He flatted himself against the perimeter of the car and willed his presence to Fade as he approached the door.

Hunger...

Pain spiked throughout Reve's chest again and he tried to calm his wheezing breath.
Using Fade's power was too taxing to maintain for long.

Reve kicked his boot against the door and then stood to the side as a guard burst through it with gun raised.
Before the guard could react, Reve pivoted and slammed his knee into the guard's stomach before connecting his elbow to the back of the neck.
The guard crumpled soundlessly.
Feed on that.
Reve walked straight in as Fade rested his paws possessively on the guard's body.
With pleasure. A flash of silver and his fangs sank into the guard's neck.

Reve ignored it, he wasn't quite sure exactly what Fade was eating.
Souls? No...that was absurd. Energy maybe... inspiration? The only evidence was the definitive lack of color the victims had left behind. And of course the being dead part.
Reve shook his head and discovered a clipboard had been left on the table.
He quickly scanned its contents and found a basic layout of the train and its compartments.
Several lockers were to his left and after tucking the clipboard behind his belt he retrieved a handgun from the downed soldier and shot the locks clean off.
Several firearms had been stowed away and Reve smiled.
"Perfect."
Among the three pistols he'd retrieved were a shotgun and a semi-auto rifle.
Heh, one of the guards would be feeling the loss of that last one.

Fade let's move we got what we came for.
Fade smiled with a toothy grin as he licked his paws with great relish.
of course.
Reve braced himself as Fade sank his teeth into his thigh this time and the world once more lost its hold and color faded to grey.
He ducked in a corner just as three guards entered the room and discovered their comrade.
At this potency, Reve wasn't invisible, the effect was akin to being extremely forgettable. He would need more of Fade's power, but such a feat was dangerous with the greedy cat.
With their attention diverted, Reve ducked outside and returned back to the previous car wher the others waited.

"Here, I got what we needed," he waved the clipboard and dumped the guns unceremoniously before him.

"Brought some goodies as well."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning   The Beginning Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beginning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Haven :: Spirit Haven :: The Story-
Jump to: